Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Sponge Full of Thoughts

With the help of my granddaughter, I have entered the world of a blogger. It amazes me how young kids know so much about all the new electronic gadgets!

I believe that there is a sponge full of memories and ideas lurking in my head and as long as I can keep the sponge moist, the ideas and memories will flow. Out will come past and present thoughts to pass on to the younger generation for them to use or discard.

I was born in Greeley, Colorado making me a native Coloradoan. The Rocky Mountains which are fifty miles away from Greeley were a fun place to visit. As a child my father took us to the mountains almost every weekend.  The Big Thompson Canyon with the rugged rock walls always amazed me and I loved the mountains.  Then, a trip to the west coast and the grey-green ocean gave me a new love. 

Writing for my own enjoyment, photography and traveling inspire me and can be said they are my hobbies.  I began writing around the age of nine and felt a thrill when my religious poetry was published in our church bulletin.  My father gave me a Brownie camera when I was around ten years old and my love for photography was born.  Seeing new and different sights in my travels excites me and makes me feel truly alive!

I have two children and four grandchildren and they mean more to me than writing, photography and traveling! Lately I have become interested in genealogy and find myself immersed in my ancestor's lives and history.

The sponge of memories and idea will be kept wet so that I can squeeze the many thoughts to make them  flow unto the printed page!

No comments:

Post a Comment