Yesterday, before mass began at my parish church, Spirit of Christ in Arvada, there was a beautiful tribute to all veterans and service men. On the large screens, where we normally see hymns displayed, the five military branches were honored, one at a time along with their music. As the songs played I could see veterans standing up throughout the congregation when their song played. It was very moving and it made a large lump form in my throat and tears come to my eyes. I have heard all the songs played before but to see men standing who had served in the military, to hear the marching sounds, and to hear the congregation applauding the men was a very touching scene.
I wanted the world to see and hear such a wonderful tribute and to feel the emotion that I felt. I felt so proud to be an American. Proud to know such military powers were protecting us. What surprised me the most was that after 70 some years, after many Veteran Day celebrations, that 2012 would bring me to realize what we were celebrating on Veteran's Day. In the past, I saw it as a holiday but never had I given much thought as to the real meaning of what was being celebrated. I know that Veteran's Day will always be a special day for me. So many soldiers have lost their lives protecting us and those that have returned may not have been treated with the honor they deserved. In all the years I have attended mass, I had never seen such a moving display as the one experienced yesterday on November 11, 2012.
Below, I found the military songs for each branch of our military and want to share them with anyone who reads my blog. Prepare yourself to be moved by the brass, drums, voices and horns of the different military branches. Hope you enjoy this tribute as much as I did.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/K6QQGMcGfIQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fVxSMsLTj2M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C95Cb2ByHNA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
http://youtu.be/haulDvvy_d4
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O6gtISlR2dk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
No comments:
Post a Comment