Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Remember Charm Bracelets?

 Before I began collecting key chains from different places I would visit, I used to collect silver charms.  There was a time when charm bracelets were the in thing and one could hear a woman nearing by the jangling of her bracelet. When I look at my charms I am transported to places I have been, who I was with, and what I was doing.

A coin from Guatemala

On my visit to Guatemala I could not find a charm and I ended up finding a silver Quetzal that I planned to have made into a charm but I never got around to doing it.

Reno, Echo Lake, Germany, Sand Dunes and Black Hills, SD
 In Reno I attended a conference for work, have fond memories of Germany, Sand Dunes I returned with my grandchildren so they could enjoy the huge mounds of sand, and on the South Dakota trip I saw Mount Rushmore, the Black Hills, and Bad Lands.

Switzerland, Estes Park, Mexico, and Grand Canyon

 In Switzerland I saw a smaller version of Notre Dame, elk in Estes, spent many wonderful times on my visits to Mexico-- from one coast to the other, saw Lake Powell and Grand Canyon in our Lindy camper.


Many memories

As I look at my bracelet I see a typewriter representing the time I worked, the Canadian maple leaf on my visit to far northern edge of the United States and Canada, a camera because it is my hobby, an airplane for all my travels, a lei from Hawaii, when I became Ms. instead of Mrs., a road runner from Arizona, a balloon for the many times I attended the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta, a jeep for the one I won and for my frightening 4Wheeling experience, St. Francis of Assisi when I visited Assisi, an Inca from my visit to Peru, a slot machine for my gambling in Blackhawk and Las Vegas, map of the state of New York, San Francisco trolley, skis that remind me of my experience on the slopes and taking my children to the mountains, map of Kauai when we stayed at Princeville and saw three or more rainbows at a time every day, a bride/bridesmaid, and grandchildren.

Grandchildren Charms

Each silver piece brings back wonderful memories and if I had continued picking up a charm every time I traveled, or every event I wanted to remember, I would not be able to lift my arm!

"A piece of silver
intertwined with
my heart."
E Moscoso




No comments:

Post a Comment