Friday, July 21, 2017

Copper Canyon

The name sounded interesting and so did the colors in what will be my new roof. My neighborhood has many signs advertising the over two hundred roofing companies in Colorado. I don't know for sure that there are over two hundred but in my vicinity, blocks from my house, this is what I see.





















My prayer is that the one I picked will do a great job and that my roof will last as long as the one I have now. Somehow, the roof currently on top of my house has lasted for over thirty years and is called a t-lock which is no longer made. The roof had gone through two big hailstorms and somehow no damage was done. A few years ago, after a tremendous hailstorm, all my neighbors replaced their roofs but nothing happened to mine. I had at least three different estimators check my roof and they all said, "Your roof is fine, no damage." This year, after our last hail storm, my roof will get replaced.

Even though a few companies rang my doorbell and many sent me flyers, I picked one that has an office not far from my house and I liked the fellow who came to do the estimate. Yesterday I spent an hour with him listening to him explain how insurances work, the type of roof that will put on, all that they do around the gutters, and much more. He did not know that all I wanted to know was how much was it going to cost me? Seems that my deductible is what will come out of pocket and I guess that is better than paying for a brand new roof!

Once I get my insurance papers over to him the process can begin and if what he tells me turns out as he said, I should have a new roof within the next few weeks!



Copper Canyon


No comments:

Post a Comment