There were about twenty large bins with the different sizes of gourds ranging from small to large people to buy. When the gourds are purchased, they then have to be soaked to loosen the skin and washed by scraping to make them smooth. And that is hard work!
What amazes me is that even though there are about two hundred exhibitors, there aren't many duplicates. Every artist has his or her unique way of creating art.
Of course, I see some gourds I like, but my favorite are the ones my daughter creates. Below are a few of the many she has made and sold. This year her hedgehogs were a big hit and I can't believe I did not get a picture of them. I did manage to steal a picture that my daughter had posted of her many hedgehogs. She even had to leave her post, while her husband took over the booth, to work on completing a hedgehog that a person had requested!
The Running of the Gourds Festival is a fun and exciting place to hang out. There is continuous music; blue grass and Mariachi. A country and western singer plus a Native American dancer performing on stage for every one's entertainment! Many food booths send delicious aromas wafting about and places to buy drinks kept visitors full and happy.
"In gourd art there are no
mistakes just unique creations!"
Unknown
The gourd creations are certainly unique and beautiful!
ReplyDelete