Thursday, October 18, 2018

Karaoke Fun

Three years ago I suggested that our 200 plus group try Karaoke. My idea did not go over with the committee because no one would want to do it and the members preferred to come to eat and socialize. Finally, this year we decided to try it. A couple, J & J Karaoke, were hired to entertain the group. I hoped it would go over and people would have fun. No one knew, especially me, that Karaoke would be such an overwhelming success!



Groups were formed, singers placed their name on a list with their favorite songs and some just danced to the music. The lady J went around like a cheer leader encouraging everyone to get up and sing. When she got around to me, I picked Patty Page's How Much Is That Doggie in the Window. I do not sing in public. I do not have a voice that can sing without hitting flat notes so I was hesitant in signing up but J insisted and cheered me on. When she said, "Don't worry, I will sing along with you!" I thought, what the heck.






 The brave singer who was first, sang Patsy Cline's Crazy.  Frank Sinatra was a popular pick with three men singing solos of My Way. A Deacon sang Jambalaya and even did some yodeling.  One man sang New York, New York, and a woman sang That's Amore. There was a trio, a quartet, and many more single singers. The spectators joined in and as I looked around the room, everyone seemed to be smiling and happy!







The finale was every one singing Que Sera, Sera and everyone left humming a favorite tune!











The luncheon was bratwurst, sauerkraut, potato salad and beets while the dessert tables were filled with lots of yummy goodies. Good food, great entertainment, friendship and sitting at creative decorated tables made for a perfect lunch for the Young At Heart gathering!

No comments:

Post a Comment