I noticed that when my bill came it was three dollars more than I normally pay. That bothered me but I went ahead and paid it. A couple of more notices informing me that Wednesday the 5th of February would be my first pick up under the new schedule.
My trash bags went out on Tuesday night but it was not picked up on Wednesday. Thursday morning I called the company and all they had was a recording that eventually transferred me to the operator and for 40 minutes I waited. Thank goodness for celular phones because I continued doing other things as I waited for someone to answer the phone. I finally cancelled the call and got on the computer. I was able to find their professional looking ad and was able to write my complaint letting the company know my trash had not been picked up. They responded in a note that someone would get back to me. Friday my trash was still on the curb and no one had notified me as to when it would get picked up.
By this time I was getting angry. I wrote a letter to the company, informing them about their non-service and I asked for a refund of the money I had paid. Saturday morning I called my bank and since the check had not come through, I stopped payment. I gathered the three bags of snow covered trash from the curb (since it had been snowing) and the trash is back in my garage. So far I have not heard one word from Waste Connection. I read some of the reviews and they were all bad with the "You never know if your trash will be picked up or not," being a common complaint..
On Monday I will contact another company and hopefully my trash will be picked up in a timely manner!
"I know a man who doesn't pay
to have his trash taken out.
How does he get rid of trash?
He gift wraps it and puts it
into an unlocked car!"
Henny Youngman
No comments:
Post a Comment