Friday, July 14, 2023

The End Eventually Comes

After 58 years the end has come to the shrubs in front of my house! When we planted the shrubs we had no idea that they would continue to grow even though we trimmed them every so often. When I was told that trimming would not make the Juniper stay at a certain height, I knew I had to get the bush removed. It took several years before I actually made up my mind to find someone to do the job. I suppose what prompted me to do something about it was when it almost reached the gutters of my house! 

Estimates I got ranged from $450 to $1400 so I took the company that sent me a written estimate, I liked his voice on the phone, he had the same name as my grandson and prayed that I had made the correct choice!

Early Friday morning the young man began working on removing the shrubs. When I saw the dry, brown bottom of the bushes, it shocked me. I thought that if anyone had thrown a match into the shrubs there would have been a big fire.






I feel as if a weight has been lifted from my life because I have been wanting to remove the shurbs but never got around to doing it. I'm glad I finally did it! Working with Zachary from Z's Tree Care was a pleasure because I felt like I could trust him so I will use him to cut down my Elm suckers growing in my weedy yard. It's not often I feel good about having a project done because I always wonder if I am getting scammed. Today I felt that the work he did was what it should have been. Now I need to think about what to do with the large dirt area where the bush used to be!

"We want a shrubbery!

One that looks nice

and not too expensive."

Monty Python 

No comments:

Post a Comment