It is a long drive though it only took about half an hour to reach the restaurant and what a surprise I got! The Spanish type architecture building is huge and beautiful. Lots of reddish-brown adobe looking walls with wooden decorations. I felt as if I had been transported to a Latin country!
The inside was crowded yet, the service was good. My friends ordered the coolest bloody Mary's with celery and a skewer with an olive, cheese, sausage and shrimp. Not only did it look pretty, but I was told it was delicious! The margaritas passing by our table were large and looked yummy in the salt rimmed goblets. The salsa and chips were brought to the table and the tortilla chips were thin and crispy. The sauce was spicy! I know that many other Mexican restaurants have stopped serving chips and salsa and we have to order them separately, but not at El Jardin! The dishes that arrive at the table are hot and have a special touch, like a scallion draped across the food!
The only set back is the distance but my guess if we want to go to the restaurant we can car pool to eat the good food in a beautiful setting!
"Feeding the community for over forty years.
Any plate will have your tastebud dancing."
El Jardin
No comments:
Post a Comment