I woke up to a dark morning on September 6, 2024. My thought was that fall was in the air as I turned on some lights. I fixed breakfast, ate, took my medication, and looked outside and it was so dark it looked like night time. The clock told me it was eight o'clock but my mind was telling me it shouldn't be so dark and instead of getting lighter, it was getting darker.
My watch buzzed and I looked to see that the date was September 5, 2024. What? It was still Thursday and not Friday. I had a busy day on Thursday, attended a YAH board meeting, ran some errands and around 5 p.m, I decided to take a nap. That's where my brain glitch came into play. After waking up from my nap I truly believed it was Friday morning and I wondered if I should go to mass and First Friday breakfast.
Contacting some friends to ask if they had ever experienced such a weird happening, one said that only when she took a long, hard nap she might wake up confused. Retracing my steps I realized that Wednesday night I had slept for about two hours. I had been up most of the night so my nap was needed and I slept for about 2 1/2 hours. When I retired on Thursday night I was afraid that since I had slept so hard during my nap that I would have problems falling a sleep and a cycle of day and night would begin. That was not the case, because I slept all night long and awoke in the morning at seven on Friday. My body and mind needed the sleep I had missed.
It's a scary feeling when what you believe, and what actually is, are two different things. I am thankful that it all got straightened out and I am back to a normal day!
"Sleep is the golden chain
that binds health and our
bodies together."
Thomas Dekker
No comments:
Post a Comment