I have never really believed in hypnotism. To me it was some sort of a gimmick. When I saw what Tracy Gray could do, it made me believe that it could possibly be true. She was the entertainer for the Young at Heart group luncheon on February 18, 2025! She calls herself a Hypnotist/Mentalist and she did some pretty amazing things. She began by having a few persons pick certain make-believe playing cards. I was surprised that a card was pulled out of a box of cards and it was the one that began the game! Remember it was all make-believe until a card was actually pulled out of the box! When we looked at a black and white spinning wheel and then she said to look at her nose, it appeared as if her face got bigger. This happened to everyone in the room who looked at the spinning wheel!
The highlight of her presentation was when she asked ten people to come to the front of the room and be seated. She put on some strange sounding music; sort of mysterious sounding. She began speaking and told the ten that they were going to go into a deep sleep. She gave them different instructions, tapped a few that somehow, she knew were not going into a deep sleep and six persons remained! They did everything she suggested, like they were very tired and some leaned into the person sitting next to them to rest their head. Some just let the head rest on their chest. When she said they were eating something delicious they had a smile and pretended to eat something good, but when she said it no longer tasted good, it looked as if they were going to throw up and some pretended to spit into their hands as they tried to rid themselves of the foul-tasting food. They were told that a police man had stopped them as they pretended to drive. When asked why they were stopped one said she was speeding, and one tried to get out of getting a ticket by offering up her boobs! There were other instructions and the six people followed them and of course the audience laughed at the antics of the hypnotized people!
Afterwards I quizzed one about how much she remembered, and she said she had a vague idea but could not remember most of what she was doing. That made a believer out of me!
A few days later I was looking through my Blog of February 8, 2019. At that time, I had written about a hypnotist. A group of Young at Heart members had attended a show at the Lakewood Cultural Center, paid $18 to watch Tracy Gray hypnotize people. I vaguely recalled the show. (Read my blog, Spongefullofthoughts, dated March 9, 2019).) It surprised me that the same woman we saw in 2019 was the same one in 2025! I have a photo of the women in attendance for proof!
No comments:
Post a Comment