Farewell to Jean
I don't care what is said,
death is so final.
Those left behind
feel the painful
suffering of loss
while the one gone
disappears and
who knows where she has gone.
Those that believe
picture her in heaven while
those that don't
wonder.
I did not know
the woman,
met her a few times
at my book club.
She was soft spoken,
seemed concerned
about protecting
the environment.
She was quiet
yet when she spoke
she had a strong
statement to make.
She reminded me of
a flower child of the 70's
filled with love
for man-kind.
I was told
she was letting her
hair grow to
give it to
Locks of Love.
Today, I missed
her at mass.
I pictured her
walking slowly
down the sloping aisle
to receive
a gluten free host,
her gray hair
tucked beneath
a beret type cap.
I did not know her
but I missed her.
At the book club
meeting we will
think about her
wheat-less treats
as well as the
lovely lady
who left us as
she lived, quietly,
and way too soon.
E. Moscoso
July 15, 2012
No comments:
Post a Comment