Monday, September 3, 2012

Eight Eyes

Every night, before I turn out my lights, I look at four pictures hanging on my bedroom wall.  It appears as if all eyes are on me. I say good-night to them every night and offer a prayer that they be kept safe from harm.

My special card made by Nico


Nicolette
Beginning on the right, I see Nicolette, with her long bangs and hugging a teddy bear. Her love for bears will be manifested in her large collection of "Build a Bears," each bear in its own outfit! She looks at me with large eyes. She enjoys reading the Wimpy Kid books and when I would pick her up from school on Friday she liked to stop at a Dairy Queen for a Blizzard. She loves making cards for those she loves.



Zach, my first grandchild!
Next, is Zachary, staring at the camera with grey eyes and an expression of "wait to see what I am going to do! His hand is near his face and those fingers will grasp drum sticks as he bangs out rhythms on the drums or grabs his skateboard/snowboard. If he could spend the rest of his life on the slopes zooming down large mountains on his snowboard he would be a happy kid!




Ariana
Ariana's art work hangs
on my wall!
The next photo is my granddaughter Ariana with a mischievous look on her face. It looks as if she just did something or is about to do something she is not supposed to be doing! She has the same grayish color of eyes as Zach and when little she was attentive to detail by studying designs on the t-shirts we were wearing. She learned to play the piano and liked to work on art projects. She became interested in cooking and is now attending culinary classes.




Smiling Brenna
Brenna's picture is so like her, full of happiness and life!   She has chocolate brown eyes and very seldom do I see her when she is not smiling. She has enjoyed sports, plays the piano and is now learning guitar and voice.
She loves to read and has suggested books for me to read which I have enjoyed. She is the electronic expert and I call her when I need help setting up a program, like setting up Skype so we could talk and see each other.






Only a grandmother knows the love for her grandchildren, a special love that only she can share.
It seems that overnight, the little children are young adults but I have my pictures on the wall to remind me of my little ones. So, every night, eight eyes stare back at me as I drift off to dream, possibly to dream of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment