Since I am in church I try to not think about how upset the perfumed woman makes me. I try to do what my mother used to tell me, "If something bothers you, offer it up to God."
A year ago a friend gave me a bottle of oil with a pleasant aroma. I placed the six sticks into the oil and for almost a year I would get a whiff of the aroma. It was not over powering but a pleasant smell.
On Saturday I was at a store and happened to find some oils with the sticks and seeing one marked Gardenia, I thought I would purchase it. After all, I used to love the Gardenia smell and used the perfume for years.
When I got home I opened the box, placed the sticks in the oil and was ready to smell Gardenia. It smelled like DDT and instantly I remembered my thoughts about the lady and her perfume. This was surely Karma because every time I walk past my bathroom, I smell the awful smell. Maybe if I had not been so critical of the lady at church, my recently purchased oil would have smelled like Gardenias!
Here is my plan for my recently purchased oil. First I will dump the Gardenia oil, buy a bottle of refillable oil with the name of Lavender (because that is what my gift is labeled) and then maybe I will enjoy a pleasing smell. I am also finding another place to sit when I go to church. I'd say that my Karma problem will be solved!
"A group of scientists wanted to find
the most effective mosquito repellents,
so they tested ten substances
including standbys like DEET,
as well as random choices like
Victoria's Secret perfume Bombshell.
Turns out the perfume is
almost as good as DEET."
Annalee Newitz
Note: On June 14, 2017, I returned to the store and purchased another bottle with sticks labeled pineapple-coconut and now when I walk past the bathroom I am filled with memories of warm and sunny beaches. What an improvement over that over powering smell of DDT!
I wonder how Victoria Secret feels about that?
ReplyDelete