Friday, June 30, 2017

Yellow Rat Snake

The large yellow snake curled around the young woman's body. I wondered what kind of snake it was and whether it's bite was poisonous. The woman moved through the crowd that watched and had people touch the long snake. I did not touch it or get near it though I did send my granddaughter to stand by the woman with the snake so I could take a picture.


I looked on the Internet and found out that a python or an anaconda look similar but I am betting my money that the snake around the woman's neck was a Yellow Rat Snake. It gets its name because it eats rats, and sometimes birds, by swallowing them whole. They can grow to be six feet long and can live up to twenty years.

"Even if a snake
is not poisonous
it should pretend
to be venomous."
Chanakya




No comments:

Post a Comment