On Sunday, October 7, 2019, the annual blessing of the animals took place in the garden. Last year I remember there were cats, hedgehog, fish and dogs. One year I have been told someone brought a horse to the blessing. This year it was all dogs. I guess what surprised me was the love between the dogs and their owners. Some dogs were well behaved and obeyed, while others seemed rowdy and enjoyed barking at the other dogs. One of my favorite photos is a man holding a small Chihuahua. The look of love the master gives his dog, to me, is very tender.
I love the expressions on the dogs as I took their pictures. If a human was in the picture, I could tell how proud they were of their pet. The two deacons went around and blessed every dog present by sprinkling holy water on them I did not hear one dog complain!
"The love we give to a pet
and receive from a pet,
can draw us more deeply
into the circle of life, into
the wonder of our common
relationship to our Creator."
From the Internet
So Sst. Francis even liked Cats!
ReplyDelete