Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Another Son Is Gone

Yesterday I attended a funeral for the son of a lady from Spirit of Christ Catholic Community. She always greets me with "Hello, girlfriend." I like how sweet she is and how she hugs me when she sees me. Today, my heart was sad. Her fifty-eight year old son passed away and I fully understand the sadness one feels at losing a child.

I was unable to make it to the mass but I did see her at the reception. The video of her son's life brought tears to my eyes. Seeing him as a little boy on the screen made me wonder about life and death. We just do not know when our lives will end. The thought of death is something we all know yet seeing the little boy grow up to be a young man and then into an adult and then to be gone is tough.

Of course, I thought about my son and how short his life had been. It doesn't seem right that a child goes before a parent.  Yesterday there were many people at the reception and 

that gave me a comfortable feeling knowing he had been loved by so many relatives and friends.


 





I understand the emptiness felt at losing a child. Comfort comes with time, knowing that there is no more suffering for your child, and that some day you will meet again! Yet, it is a difficult time knowing that while on earth you will never see or talk to your child again.


"Death leaves a heartache
no one can heal,
but love leaves a memory
that no one can steal!"
From the Internet


No comments:

Post a Comment