Monday, July 1, 2019

My Creative Friends

Somewhere in self-help books I have read that you should surround yourself with friends that make you feel good and help you grow. I found a perfect friend in Spirit of Christ Catholic Community and we would meet for lunch and coffee. I do not drink coffee so she drank coffee and I drank tea. I mentioned to her that I preferred one-on-one friendships. She said she liked doing things in groups.

It took about a year as one-by-one the coffee group became four and now it is six. One friend began having movie nights at her home and we jelled into great friendships. Now, I would find it difficult to not be around my five friends. The combination of all being readers, travelers, all liking to eat, and all having creative minds has kept us together in a fun and interesting group.

Another friend of mine asked, "Who thinks up the things that you do?"  I told her that all of us have come up with an idea at one time or another.  Last Sunday evening we were invited to a Make Your Own Pizza Party at one friend's home. She prepared the dough and then we were each given a sheet of parchment paper and she plopped a glob of dough on it. We had a choice of using a roller or our hands and I chose hands to spread the dough in a circle. She had toppings, others brought more toppings, and we created delicious pizza! The small pans were perfect for each one of us to make our own pizza. While we prepared our pizza we sipped on frozen strawberry daiquiris.


 We have had a Color Book Day, a French Party, an April Fool's Party, African Food Day, traveled to Nebraska to see the Sandhill Cranes, visited a Lavender plant farm, and we have celebrated Christmas and Easter celebrations. The party or get togethers begin with a special Gin and Tonic prepared by our very own bar maid!









This blog would become too long if I listed every time the group has gotten together for fun and talk. Meeting for coffee we can sit and talk for three to four hours. After a few attempts on Messenger we were all able to correspond with each other under the name of "chicks." In this manner we all knew where and when to meet for another excursion or visit!  I know that my life has been enriched by these ladies and I am so happy that I went from one-on-one to a gaggle!

Gaggle: A group lacking organization.
Merriam-Webster Dictionary


2 comments:

  1. We are truly a special group! I don't know where I would be without you all! Really bored that is for sure!! Our outings and get togethers might seem boring or silly to others, but it brings happiness to our lives. And judging by the Facebook reaction from other friends, I think that they envy us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post is a lovely tribute to friendship! And P.S. one-on-one get-togethers are still okay too!!!

    ReplyDelete