A picnic at Corona Del Rey was fun as I enjoyed the wonderful view and watching people walking their dogs. A favorite spot to watch the sunset and when we left there were more people arriving to wait for the sun to set.
On Sunday we traveled to Dana Point to celebrate my son-in-law's mother 90th birthday. What a beautiful setting in the back yard surrounded by flowers, family and friends! Lobster rolls were catered and everyone enjoyed the food and friendship. A great idea of having the grandchildren write a memorable time with their grandmother was framed and each remembrance became a center piece along with the flowers.
One day my granddaughter and I took the Metrolink to Los Angeles and if it hadn't been for her I am sure I would have gotten lost! I did notice a lot of graffiti on other trains, on walls and along the river bank. The Los Angeles Union Station is large and beautiful, but there is a lot of construction going on. Someone said Los Angeles is preparing for the Olympics in 2028. We crossed the street to Olvera Street and I had a feeling I was in Mexico!
We walked to Little Tokyo and enjoyed lunch at Oomasa, a Japanese restaurant. I had chicken teriyaki and she had vegetable rolls. For dessert we ordered green tea ice cream but it did not have enough flavor for me.
We went out to eat a few times and I like the restaurants my family pick because everything is tasty. Hanging around the house was fun and the two dogs love to be petted and will find a hand and stick their head underneath the hand for a long patting session. My daughter worked on gourds for a show that is coming up and then she would go to work at a school where she teaches art. I enjoyed walking to mass with my granddaughter. I love visiting my family and spending time with them. I also enjoy seeing different trees and flowers that I do not see here in Colorado! And also a sign on a post!
"Traveling is not
something you're
good at.
It's something
you do.
Like breathing."
Gayle Foreman
No comments:
Post a Comment