It seems that every day I hear of someone I know who has passed away. I realize that at my age, this is to be expected, though it still pains me. Covid has hit hard with many deaths and today I heard of a friend who was in the hospital and around 1:30 p.m. passed away. He had not had been vaccinated and went into the hospital feeling poorly. He was sent home after a few days, with medication, but went back into the hospital when his oxygen level fell to around thirty-two. Two days ago I heard he had been put on a ventilator and today he passed away.
I guess what I don't understand how Covid can attack a man with no underlying health problems and in a few weeks he is gone. This was a man who I followed on Facebook as he and his family posted parts of their lives. Spring, summer and fall there would be pictures of the family; wife, children, and grandkids enjoying the Colorado mountains. They would travel to Texas and enjoyed seeing family and even though they were Holy Trinity Parishioners, they sometimes would join Spirit of Christ Catholic Community at the Young At Heart functions. I remember seeing them yearly working at their parish bazaar. They traveled with me to New Mexico on one of the tours to Chimayo. They were involved in many activities, loved working in their beautiful yard and I am trying to grasp what happened.
He had a crop of curly grey hair and seemed to always have a smile on his face. It was such a pleasure to see him and his wife at our get togethers. A friend reminded me of how he would bring his own wine glass because he did not enjoy drinking out of a plastic cup. And now he is gone. I looked through my pictures and in every picture they are together. How will she cope without him? I can't even imagine what she is going through at losing her beloved husband.
My heart aches for his wife who has lost her best friend and for the sorrow felt by his family and friends because he left them too soon. Dear God, help them through this sad and difficult time and take their beloved into your arms to be with you forever.
"What we have once
enjoyed we can never lose.
All that we love deeply
becomes part of us."
Helen Keller
No comments:
Post a Comment