A Bluebird & A Hive
I backed the car out of the garage and heard a loud noise that seemed to be quite close. Sort of sounded like high pitch screaming ending in a squawk. Wondering what could be making such a racket I got out of the car, and it sounded like an angry bird. I looked around but there was nothing in sight, though the bird continued its frantic squawking. On the corner of my roof a bluebird with something in its mouth was prancing back and forth along the edge of the roof. It amazed me that the loud noise came from such a beautiful bird.
It danced back and forth along the edge of the roof giving the loud squawks. Suddenly, it dove into the tall bush and disappeared. When it appeared again, whatever had been in its mouth was gone. Could there be a nest in the bush? Was the bird making a noise to distract any enemies? It returned to the roof, looked around and before it flew away, I could clearly see different shades of blue and a tuft of hair on its crown.
I posted pictures on Facebook and got some answers. Comments were that the bird was probably a Bluejay, and the hives were made by some sort of wasp. In the past, a wasp's nest had been removed from my porch and it looked more like a cocoon; smooth on the outside. This nest looked different with all its tiny holes. I thought it looked kind of artistic. I was unable to take a picture of the bird, but I took a picture of the two interesting looking nests!
Anger is as a stone cast into a wasp's nest."
Pope Paul VI
No comments:
Post a Comment