On Saturday, November 26, 2022, my two granddaughters, my daughter, my son-in-law and I went to the Meow-Wolf Convergence Station in Denver. No one knew what to expect, though we had been to the one in Santa Fe and I thought it would be similar. Wrong. This one has weird looking figures, walls covered with different colored lights, a transportation area with cars and buses and room after room of colorful unimaginable figures and shapes. It was like being transported into an alien world or maybe like being on psychedelic drugs! I enjoyed the experience, but it is a one-time thing for me and no need to return to the crazy exhibit!
There are four floors, and I was grateful for the elevators. I am sure I did not see everything but what I did see was enough for me. Workers are dressed in weird, mismatched clothing with flashing lights and neon necklaces.
My favorite was a castle like building with every color imaginable. I saw it from above and then went down and saw it from below and liked both angles.
Walking along the many walkways no matter which way you looked there was something to see. I was surprised to see people with babies strapped across their chest, couples, teen-agers, pre-teens and very few older people. There were four seniors sitting on a bench and probably I should have also been sitting, but I kept moving because there was a lot to see!Two hours of feasting my eyes with color, different shapes, odd figures, mirrored rooms, strange caves with unknown "stuff" and alien scenery and I was ready to leave. We went to the gift store to see and get souvenirs of our visit. How would I describe our visit? Weird creativity exploding around us with florescent lights and nothing as we know!
On the internet I read: Meow Wolf Denver's Convergence Station is unforgettable, transformational, and not to be missed. Discover immersive psychedelic mind-bending art...as you take a journey of discovery into surreal, a science-fiction epic." I also learned that the areas have names like C Street, an abandoned city; Numina, underground sea world; Ussuary, television screens and you can be a D.J.; and the Kaleidoscope castle. Evidently in each area there are interactive things to do but it was too crowded for me to play any of the games.
Room after room that a few times I felt lost but knew that workers were around to help. I was grateful to the young lady, who turned out to be a young man, when he helped me find an elevator.
"Four floors of exhibition space,
with portals transporting them to
worlds beyond their wildest imaginations."
Meow Wolf
No comments:
Post a Comment