What a special day on November 24, 2022, because my family would arrive from California to spend a few days with me. The parking at the church looked crowded and as I parked my car a friend called out to me and we walked in together. "Oh," she said, "are you going to sit on my side of the church?" Her remark was made because parishioners are creatures of habit, and we usually try to sit in the same place at every mass. My spot is on the other side of where she sits.
I don't know why but the mass was unusually beautiful and nice. Maybe it was because I was sitting with my friend. Two priests, a deacon and a couple of servers entered and mass began. The homily really hit home and for once I knew I was doing the right thing of thanking God. I have always thanked God for everything, even when I am driving and I make a light or getting me somewhere on time. Every morning and every evening he has my thanks. During the day, no matter what happens I thank God and the Blessed Virgin Mary. Lately I lean toward Our Lady of Guadalupe because I would love to have a strong devotion to her. I know life would not happen without God's help, so he constantly gets my thanks. The priest's homily was perfect and funny and I knew many, after hearing his insightful talk of thanksgiving, would also begin thanking God.We brought food for the needy and the parade of people going to the altar to leave their packages of food was amazing. I enjoyed the Thanksgiving mass, and I thanked God for getting me to church on Thursday at nine in the morning to celebrate the mass!
"If you can't feed 100 people
then feed just one."
Mother Teresa
No comments:
Post a Comment