Sunday, June 16, 2024

A Reunion


June 30, 2024

 Around the early to mid-1980's I met two persons that worked in the same building I did. We became good friends. Yearly we met around Christmas time to eat and exchange gifts plus going out to lunch during the time we knew each other. 

As time would have it we all went our separate ways and had not seen each other for at least twenty  years. Today the three of us met for lunch and to catch up on what has been happening in our lives. I parked my car and before long a woman parked beside.  I did not recognize her and thought it was a worker coming to begin her day at the restaurant. She got out of her car and came around to my car and said my name. Then I recognized my friend. She used to have black hair and now it was highlighted with blond streaks and that made a big difference.

We were greeted by a friendly waiter and he let us choose where we wanted to sit. Tables were covered with white cloth tablecloths and white napkins. When our other friend arrived we all embraced and our conversations took off. She looked pretty much the same but her hair was also highlighted. The restaurant has delicious food from the Puebla, Mexico area and if we thought we were going to eat Tex-Mex food, we were so wrong. I ordered a salad in a light tortilla basket and guacamole, chicken and bean filling. One friend ordered a large bowl of posole and the other ordered enchiladas in mole sauce. The dishes are beautifully arranged with a flower on the top. 

I took a booklet I had prepared from the past when we used to meet and we enjoyed looking at ourselves when we were younger. The diplomatic waiter said we still looked the same which made us feel great even though we didn't believe him!




"Friendship improves happiness and abates misery 

by doubling our joys and dividing our grief."

Marcus Tullius Cicero

No comments:

Post a Comment