Sunday, June 16, 2024

It's A Small World

I have been so busy that I have not been able to write in my blog because I have been busy preparing for a trip that is coming up soon. Something happened that made me feel that I needed to write my blog again. 

As I spoke with the clerk at my bank I mentioned that one of my stops would be in San Luis, Colorado. The teller sitting in the next cubicle said, "Oh, that is my home town. In fact I have many relatives that still live in the area." He mentioned a few towns and one of the small towns was Manassa. I said, "I used to know a couple that lived in that town. What is their name?" He told me the names of the husband, wife and three girls and I said, "I know that family!" I told him I had visited them at their home and met some of their relatives. Probably some of his family.

I told the teller that when I had volunteered in Mexico at an orphanage, the people who trained me were his relatives. I told him the the three girls were around five to seven years of age and he laughed and said, "All three of the girls are married and have children! We talked for about ten minutes and he caught me up on his family but he spoke mostly about his grandmother and she is related to the family I knew.

We both thought our world is a small world and what a surprise that he overheard San Luis and said something. He could have stayed quiet and we never would have known that I knew his relatives. He will be going to the area in about two weeks and will let my friends know he spoke to me.

My question was if he had ever eaten at the restaurant in San Luis and he said he had and that it was good food. Now I am looking forward to eating at Mrs. Rio's in San Luis.

Mariano Diaz is the name of the teller and I will look forward in seeing him again.

"Friendships will always last

no matter how much time has past!"

E. Moscoso



No comments:

Post a Comment