Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

New Year Eves

How many "Happy New Years" have I heard?
How many times has Auld Lang Syne been sung?
How many times has a globe slid down a pole?
How many black-eyed peas were eaten for luck?
How many fireworks exploded above my head?
How many midnight kisses have been given?
How many sequined hats topped my head?
How many crepe streamers covered the floor?
How many balloons floated down?
How did so much confetti land in my hair?
How many noise makers were blown or cranked?
How many glasses of champagne have I raised?
How many good wishes have I sent?
How many times have I partied with friends?
How many times have I been alone?
How many resolutions have been broken?
How many prayers of thanks have I whispered?
If I add all the years I arrive at seventy-three.
And wonder how many more years will I see?

2012 is a brand new year
and my wish is that it will be
filled with health, happiness and cheer!

E. Moscoso
December 31, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment