Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Feliz Cumpleanos!

Palm Tree and Flowers
Last year, around this time of the year, I relaxed in a wooden beach chair and looked out at the beautiful bluish-green ocean.  The rhythmic slapping of the sea on the shoreline lulled me into a peaceful trance.  For the past five years I have met a friend of mine, from Guadalajara, in Puerto Vallarta. I have known her for over fifty-four years, ever since meeting her in the late 1950's. Two other friends help celebrate her special day.  Evelia lives in Tepic and Raquel is fortunate enough to live in Nuevo Vallarta.  This year I was unable to meet them in the beautiful tropical bay.  Even though we correspond on Facebook and by e-mail it is not the same as being there.  I find myself wishing I could be with my buddies enjoying the good food, the music, the weather and their friendship.  The closest thing I can do to be near them is to look at my photographs and relive those fun visits to Puerto Vallarta.


Dolores and Erlinda boat sitting!

  
Erlinda, Dolores and Raquel

Peaceful village of Bucerias

Good Times



Laughter is the best medicine!

So many wonderful memories of my favorite vacation spot of Puerto Vallarta.
Even though I am not there in body I am surely there in spirit. 
Hope my friend  has a super 75th birthday drinking a glass of red wine
and eating a tres leches cake with strawberries on top!
Me and a shark!



PV is known for its sunsets! Adios amigas!


No comments:

Post a Comment