Thursday, January 30, 2014

Sun or Snow

A few years ago, my daughter took this photo of her daughters and their friends as they played on the beach. I love the picture because it is such a natural, fun-loving group of girls having fun.  Their expressions are priceless as they frolic on the sand.

"Just play.
Have fun.
Enjoy the game."
Michael Jordan

Yesterday, I put this picture in Facebook with a comment that I would rather be playing by the ocean instead of waiting for a snow storm.  The newscasters have been predicting a cold winter watch and most of the day the warnings are that we may get over a foot of snow in the mountains.  For our area, depending on which station I am watching, is that four to eight inches of snow may fall!

Today I did my errands, just in case I cannot leave the house (again) because of the snow and slippery conditions. I stocked my pantry and placed goodies in the refrigerator and I am ready to weather the storm!

The winter shot is from last year and I like the peacefulness of the snow covered morning. This morning I looked out and was greeted with almost the same identical scene. I don't mind the snow as long as I am indoors and not out in the cold weather!

"There is peace even in the storm."
Vincent Van Gogh

No comments:

Post a Comment