Friday, January 31, 2014

Who Is Heronim?

Jig-Saw puzzles help entertain me while I recuperate from my broken ankle. My favorite puzzle size is 550 and sometimes I will do a 750 piece puzzle. Finding a picture I liked, I purchased it even though it was 1000 pieces. It was a colorful picture of Mission Delores. Something about the Spanish red tile roof, the pink bougainvillea and the horses attached to the stage coach appealed to me. It took me over a week to complete the puzzle but I enjoyed struggling to make all the pieces fit.

As I read the information on the box I saw that the art was painted by someone by the name of Heronim. Also, that in all his paintings he will put a black cat somewhere in the picture. Not only was I looking for pieces but I kept my eyes open to find the mysterious cat. I liked the man's art and decided to find another puzzle by him and found Rainforest. I have started Rainforest and am thinking that eventually I will purchase more of Heronim's artsy puzzles. On the side of the box I found more information about the artist."Heronim has been prominent on the American art scene for many years and has been featured on Hometown puzzles since 1997. Heronim  describes his Americana puzzles as nostalgia: a time before computers, hi-tech movies and fax machines, when traveling by horse and buggy were the mode of transportation."

Googling his name I found more information on the artist. His given name in Polish is Heronim but he is also known as Harry Wysocki. He grew up in a Polish-American neighborhood in Detroit, Michigan. As I was looking for Heronim, a Charles Wysocki came up also as an artist who does puzzles. Seems like the two brothers have a very similar art form and both enjoy doing nostalgic art.
Rainforest

"So now it is time to
disassemble the parts of the
jig-saw puzzle
or to piece another 
one together, for I find that, 
having come to the end of my story, 
my life is just beginning."
Conrad Veidt


No comments:

Post a Comment