Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Big or Small

What can one do when recuperating from a broken ankle. Not much. I find that going to a movie is a distraction I enjoy. I can only do so much reading. But, puzzles can be challenging and fun, especially if I am drawn to the picture!

I just finished Elephant Festival and thought I would begin my Gone With the Wind puzzle. Gone with the Wind has been one of my favorite stories so I feel it is appropriate to complete the 1000 piece puzzle. Before I begin to put together Gone With the Wind showing Rhett Butler and Scarlett walking down a flower path, I decided to do a puzzle I picked up at the Art Museum. The box perked my interest when I read, The 2-sided puzzle in the 3-sided box.


The puzzle of Paul Gaugin's paintings is only 50 pieces yet what makes it interesting is that it is double-sided. A picture on each side for me to figure out which side I will be working on! I had to laugh when some of the pieces looked more like a Picasso than a Gauguin! The pieces are large pieces and it is only 11"x15".



When I finished the Women of Tahiti, On the Beach, 1891, all I did was flip the puzzle over and walla!  there was Flowers and a Japanese Print, 1889.



"It doesn't matter if you are big or small?
The finished picture is unique
and beautiful in its own way."
Erlinda Moscoso

No comments:

Post a Comment