Today I planned a lunch for the persons that traveled to Southern Colorado and to New Mexico in September. I thought it would be fun to get everyone together so that I could enjoy their company since I was unable to travel with them. We met at the Country Buffet in Arvada and on a small t.v. I played a DVD of their journey. The disc was prepared by one of the travelers and I made a display board with some of the pictures. As far as I could tell, everyone was having a great time and I imagined that it was probably pretty much as they had enjoyed each others company on the trip.
I awarded a few gift cards from Starbucks for those who had helped make the trip a success. The tour leader who graciously accepted leading the group after I fell and broke my ankle. Two photographers who took pictures and then one made a CD of the trip. I explained to them that it takes three things to make a trip a success.
1. The travelers must be congenial, willing to help, generous, and kind.
2. They need a strong leader who will guide them and make sure schedules are met.
3. A safe bus driver.
No comments:
Post a Comment