This morning I got up early, gathered all my trash, looked at the clock and saw that the trash people would come by in about an hour. I wandered through the rooms to see what other trash I might have. I had two bags to be put near my curb. On my way to the garage to pick up the other bag of trash, a thought occurred to me. Isn't today Wednesday?
I can understand why Tuesday trash day may have escaped my thoughts. What I find difficult to understand is beginning last evening I knew the next day was trash day. It never entered my mind that it had already passed! It did not enter my mind that the next day would be Wednesday. This morning I got up, still thinking it was trash day, and gathered bits and pieces I wanted to throw out. It wasn't until I had the bag in hand and I was headed out the door that I realized it was Wednesday and I had missed my Tuesday trash day pick up.
I may never know how the mix up happened. I do wonder what other things I may have forgotten. What I do know is that I will now have to wait until next Tuesday to put out my trash!
No comments:
Post a Comment