Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Where Does Time Go?

 My Life Lately

Being retired
I would think
there would
be lots of
time.
Lately, there
does not seem
to be enough
time 
to do everything I
want to do.
Multi-tasking
was easy for
me, yet the
older I get the
more difficult
it becomes to
do many things
at the same time.
My list lately
seems to
overwhelm me.
Order prints of
last dinner.
Arrange them
on a display
board.
Type out titles.
Get birthday candy
for  luncheon.
Take photo books
 to be given to those
who ordered them.
Load car.
Bible Study
homework
with lots of
reading awaits me. 
Make a vacation
photo book of
my trip to Cancun.
Grocery shop.
Buy dessert for it's
my turn to take.
Make list of
gamblers and
answer their calls.
E-mail list to casino.
Meet friends for
lunch. Read a book
for my book club.
And so on.
"Better to be busy
than not" I was told.
Maybe true.
Then I remember
I'm preparing a trip
to Chimayo,
must call different
places to get quotes
and advertise trip.
Makes me wonder
if maybe I should
slow down. 
Then
I think, who knows
when my time will
come to an end
and I am thankful
I can still do what I do! 
Thank God I can still
do it and hope
that for a long
time I stay fit
and do everything
on my plate! 
There's laundry
to do and I have
to eat,
then I look
at my house
that needs to
be cleaned,
that needs to
be straightened up
and I do the next
best thing. 
I go to bed, 
for tomorrow
is another day! 

E. Moscoso
October 20, 2015





1 comment: