Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Fall Is In the Air

Our first snowfall is predicted to be tonight, November 4, 2015. I am not ready for winter as I take my last look around the fall colors. Leaves on trees are sparse. Bushes have turned from green to red or some look like a bunch of grey sticks growing out of the ground. A lot of what was green is now a yellowish-tan color. Yes, fall is in the air and even though snow is predicted for morning, there is a spitting of drops already falling. Ready or not, winter will come to Colorado soon! In the meantime, I enjoyed looking at the "getting ready for winter" scenery.








 The red leaves are hanging on until the end and I am sure that before long they will join the rest of the leaves on the ground. In the mean time, they put on a brilliant red show as they wait for the snow to appear.

"Autumn....the year's last, loveliest smile."
William Cullen Bryant






No comments:

Post a Comment