Thursday, January 11, 2018

Preparing A Photo Album

Fifteen months ago, my son passed away and ever since I have wanted to make a photo album showing parts of his life. It would be nice to pick up the book instead of going to the computer to look up the pictures.  What I found to be the hardest part was locating pictures to put in the album. There were many pictures of my son as I searched through my computer. I also looked through the albums I had when I used to do scrap booking. I have about six plastic bins filled with large albums. I wanted pictures of when he played soccer since that was his favorite sport, but could not find any. That's when I realized that during his high school and young adult life my photography was in slides and those pictures would not be in the memorial album.

Trying to get the pictures in chronological order was difficult so I ended up calling some pages "Memories" and then it did not matter if they were in order or not. I began working on the project on January 9 and continued another eleven hours on January 10. This morning, I finally sent the information off to be printed after working on it another hour and a half.  Sixteen hours is a lot of  work when I am retired and should be taking it easy!

I did find a picture that I love. I do not remember where or why it was taken but I feel good when I look at it.
When I receive my album in about a week from today, I will be reminded of so many wonderful moments of his life. I will try not to remember anything sad or bad because those thoughts are already fading into the past.

The album ends with a quotation:

"To live in the hearts
we leave behind
is not to die, "
Thomas Campbell. 

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that the bad and sad are fading and the best are becoming more brilliant and colorful. I think the project was good for you and will bring you many happy moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your thoughts....I had a lot of fun getting the album together and filled with many, many memories. The pictures I used were just a tiny bit of his life! Maybe I will do a Part II!

    ReplyDelete