There were many strange names on little markers on low tables; Lianensis, Weigela, and Spirea. By now you have probably figured out that I was at a nursery. I visited two stores; O'Tooles and Echters. After seeing the cost of plants, I realize my plan to landscape a small area of my yard will be a pricey endeavor. A young man who seemed to know everything about gardening, and I looked at many bushes and perennials. He patiently explained how tall the plant would get, whether they liked sun and what kind of maintenance was required. The three plants I mentioned above should work on the sunny side of the yard and in my mind the whole yard would look terrific. Anyway, it beats having all the weeds on that side, but I am getting to like the yellow dandelions. I call it a Field of Yellow!
A home not too far from where I live, has something that is more or less how I want my yard to look so I drove over and took a picture. This should give the landscapers some idea of what I am trying to achieve.
Surely, by doing the wild looking landscape it should be low-maintenance and not need as much water since we are in a drought stage in Colorado.
"The richness I achieve comes
from nature, the source of my
inspiration."
"My garden is my most beautiful landscape."
Both quotes are by Claude Monet

No comments:
Post a Comment