Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Talent Never Ages

On Facebook I happened to see Willie Nelson singing It's Something You Get Through. What a song!  As I listened to the words I thought, those words just tell it like it is! Anyone who has lost a loved one will appreciate and understand the words in this song.
Willie Nelson is eight-five years old and he sounds as good as when he was young. The Internet describes him as "An American musician, singer, songwriter, author, poet, actor and activist!" I have read and heard that he is a pot smoker and have heard him joke about it on talk shows, but I wonder because he seems so together and if he does smoke marijuana, it has not effected his brain!

Growing up I was never a fan of Willie Nelson, though some of his songs I do, like Always on My Mind and On the Road Again are two that come to mind but there might be others!  His long braid and bandana never appealed to me but the older I get I find myself admiring the man for his talent and his sense of humor. I have seen him on television and find him to be a clever and interesting man!

The latest song, It's Something You Get Through, has convinced me that I do like his laid back way of singing.  A comment I read on the Internet was, "You may be older than God, but if I close my eyes, you still sound the same," and I agree!


"When you hear me,
you know it's me,
regardless of the song."
Willie Nelson


No comments:

Post a Comment