The sales person ordered my selections. A few weeks later I was called to return to pay for the work and I had to return to the store. I was called to come in and pick up the material needed minus the side border because it was not in. My son-in-law picked up the three boxes and was told they would call me when the remainder of the order came in and if I wanted it delivered it would be $75 extra.
Three days ago I received a call that remaining order was in and I could come pick it up. Today I went to pick up the order and wondered if it would fit in my car. This is when a truck is needed! The sales clerk brought up my order and said she would be right back. She was gone about fifteen or twenty minutes and said she could not find he material. She then wrote down some numbers and left again but returned fifteen minutes later with a male worker. They could not find the order. I asked if they could deliver it without charging me since I had already waited over half an hour. A lady supervisor was asked and she said, "Due to the Coronavirus we can not use our small trucks to deliver." The thought that entered by head was that Covid 19 worked as an excuse! I replied, "I am a high risk person and I have been standing here for 45 minutes with many persons walking by me!"
Just then another man, who also acted like a supervisor, came by and said, "I will go find the order." He returned and said, "The order is not where it is supposed to be and we will deliver it as soon as it is found. We may have to reorder the material if we cannot find it."
After thanking them, I left the store thinking I had lucked out because the order would be delivered
without a charge when ever the goods were found. Later today I received a call that Home Depot had found the material and it would be delivered on Sunday morning.
I do not know when the bathroom floor will be installed but, at least, the project is moving forward!
"All problems have solutions."
Steven Magee
No comments:
Post a Comment