Saturday, July 11, 2020

Help Arrives From California

My family arrived on July 6, 2020, for a visit and to see if I needed any help with chores around the house. I gave them my list of what I would like to have done and early on July 7th, they began on the west side of my house where there were sucker trees growing behind the large bush and next to the house. My son-in-law sawed the trees and my daughter  cut the large branches into smaller pieces and put them into the large trash container. When they finished the narrow area behind the bush looked nice and clean without the suckers!


Moving right he began working on stabilizing  my mailbox. When the wind would blow the metal box would become detached from the post and hang sideways. He added a wooden slat to the post and screwed the mailbox to the wood. Let the wind blow because the mailbox is now secure!

He swept my garage and front porch, dislodged a wasp nest from the porch and tossed it into a bag that ended up in the garbage container, repaired a single curtain rod bracket that had pulled away from the wall, picked up three large boxes from Home Depot that will be needed when the floor in the bathroom is done, hung a heavy framed picture on my bedroom wall, replaced the porch light cover and trimmed low hanging branches in the back yard. Together they cut the large branches into trash bag size and swept and cleaned the patio. Three large bags were filled with the branches and since they did not fit in the trash bin, the bags were placed along side the container. I wondered if the trash men would pick up all the trash. Made me happy when I looked out and everything had been picked up!





The one outing that we did was to go to Old Town Arvada, yet it felt odd because everyone had a mask, a homeless young man coughed and we backed away in a hurry, and some of the restaurants had people sitting outside. I have a feeling that people are trying to act normal but it seemed 
 subdued compared to before Covid 19!


When the work was finished for the day we sat in the patio where there was a cool breeze. I enjoyed hearing about my granddaughters and I told them about Spirit of Christ gatherings and trips.  Dinner time we ate outside and I really enjoyed their company! On their last evening with me, my daughter had us get behind the trimmed trees for a photo op!

"Family is like branches on a tree, 
we all grow in different directions,
yet, our roots remain as one."
Internet Quote

No comments:

Post a Comment