Sunday, November 22, 2020

Amber Alert

When my phone began making the loud and horrible sound letting me know that a child was missing, I glanced at the phone and realized it was not for a child missing, but a Covid warning! I don't recall the entire message just something about This region is at severe risk from the deadly COVID and the warning to STAY HOME. A frightening alarm since I thought the majority of people did obey the Governor's mandate to stay at home, wear a mask, and social distance. Was this something new? My imagination pictured an overturned truck with jillions of viruses scrambling out of the overturned truck and headed to the towns and suburbs!

Dear God.

Only You know why we are faced with this virus,

 a pandemic with so many sick and some dying.

I pray that soon we will be able 

to face life without a mask, to be able to hug,

to not look at others with fear,

to hear a cough and not want to run away 

and to be rid of this deathly bug.

Until then, thank you for

keeping me, my family and friends safe. 

 I pray that soon this will be in our past,

that Covid finally is dead and gone,

and we awaken to a new dawn.

We will now have a life that will last

and we can smile for all we have endured 

with the whole wide world finally cured!

Amen

Erlinda Moscoso 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment