Every year for All Soul's Day, I take a candle and place it among the many other remembrance candles brought in by Spirit of Christ Catholic Community parishioners. This year, because of the Pandemic I did not attend the mass. Instead, I placed my son's picture, a candle and an orange paper flower on top of my printer and turned on my laptop to virtually attend the nine o'clock mass.
Part of the mass is when the names of all the deceased, since the last All Soul's Mass, are read. This year I knew seven of the persons who had passed away. One was the husband of a book club member, two were friends from our gambling outings to Blackhawk, one was a past soccer parent, two were husband and wife I knew from Young At Heart, one was the wife of a dear friend and one was the only male book club member. I am noticing that the older I get, the more people I recognize from those lists!The music for the mass was touching and uplifting. I give thanks to God that there is now the capability of attending mass while being home and I can watch mass from on my laptop.
"I will rise when he calls my name,
No more sorrow,
No more pain,
I will rise on eagle's wings
before my God."
Hymn
No comments:
Post a Comment