Saturday, December 26, 2020

One Day Lost

 The 24th of December was busy with finding gifts on my porch, calling and receiving calls, getting ready to virtually attend midnight mass, zooming with my family and watching them open gifts. In my mind, and don't ask me why, I thought Friday would be a mad house with people returning gifts. My plan was to wait until Saturday to run errands.

This morning I woke up and turned on the news and noticed that the national news was on instead of the local news. Now that was weird. Maybe, I thought, because it is the day after Christmas the stations had gone to a weekend schedule. I never gave it another thought until I got on my computer and noticed that today was the 26th of December.  Where did the 25th go?

Either I am slowly losing my confused mind or God did not want me to dwell on my being alone for Christmas and erased Friday from my mine!

"You think you are losing your mind,

but do keep in mind as long as you may,

that the ability to go on thinking such a

thing means it's not all gone!"

Criss Jami



No comments:

Post a Comment