For my birthday I was given a round hoop with blond feathers and black and white beads. I wondered what it could possibly be though I had an idea it had something to do with Native Americans.
The back of the cardboard holding the feathers let me know that it was the Legend of the Dreamcatcher. Evidently, Native Americans believed that there are good and bad dreams. The good dreams pass through the holes to the person dreaming. The bad dreams are caught in the web and die at dawn. These dream catchers were hung in the tipi or on a baby's crib.
Since I am 34% Native American I thought I would hang my Dreamcatcher in my bedroom and it might help by erasing bad dreams and just allowing me to dream good dreams.
"The future belongs to
those who believe in the
beauty of their dreams."
Eleanor Roosevelt
No comments:
Post a Comment