Saturday, December 18, 2021

A Question I Have For My Son

 


I love finding a penny on the ground because I believe it is sent to me from my son after his passing in 2016. Yesterday, after not finding any pennies for over a month, I found a penny. It made me happy. As I walked into the store, I saw a shiny dime on the ground. That made me happier. But, when I saw a quarter on the ground I was filled with happiness. Yet, I wondered what kind of a message my son was sending me!

Was he reminding me to pray for him even though I pray for him at mass and in the evening? Was he wishing me a Merry Christmas? Was he sending me his love? Was he missing spending the holidays with me and his children? Was he letting me know he is okay? Whatever the message was, I will never be sure, but I am 36 cents richer!

I do know that since he has been gone the Christmas season is not as it used to be when he was around!

"Happiness is not something you experience, 

it's something you remember."

Oscar Levant

No comments:

Post a Comment