Saturday, April 26, 2025

Celebration of Life for Mico

 Married we could not live together, but separated we were good friends. We were married on May 19, 1962 and divorced in December of 1968. We had two children, and he remarried and had three children. Holidays were always difficult because we all celebrated in different home until my son decided he would host at his home. We were united for the different holidays and took a few trips together because of our children.

After his wife and our son passed away, we continued our friendship. He enjoyed writing poetry and asked me to type his work in Spanish and also to translate it into English. We did this for a few years until I told him I could no longer continue working for him because I had my own volunteering life. I learned a lot about his life through his writing and in talking to him. We still would get upset with each other, so it convinced me that the divorce had been the correct move for both of us!

He became ill and spent many days in the hospital. He lost a lot of weight and needed help daily. I met some of his caretakers and some were good, and others were not. His last stint in the hospital was for a couple of months. I visited him at Lutheran and St. Joseph's but did not see him when he went to Swedish hospital. His two sons had their hands full watching over him.

And then came the call. He had passed away on January 30, 2025. On April 12, 2025, there was a celebration of his life. How he would have enjoyed seeing friends and family gathered together to remember him. My daughter prepared an impressive slide show showing some of the things he did; like family, work, parties, travels, coaching, teaching, and writing!

I enjoyed seeing people from my past. I was happy that three of our four grandchildren were in attendance. There were many nieces and nephews, and South Carolina, Missouri, and California were the out of state people.

I heard a comment that he was now with his wife, two of his sons and five siblings enjoying their company in heaven! 

Americo N. Moscoso born December 6, 1935, and departed this earth on January 30, 2025. RIP

No comments:

Post a Comment