Tuesday, April 29, 2025

A Kindness Rewarded

 The day I happened to go shopping at Costco, it was a mad house. Many of the shoppers had their carts filled to the brim or over. The lanes that were open had long lines. I had two items and a lady standing behind me had about six items, but no cart and I noticed she seemed to be overwhelmed. I told her she could share my cart, and she was thankful and told me that her arms were ready to give out!

The lady in front of me, with lots of items, turned and said to me that since I only had two items I could go ahead of her. I thanked her and moved ahead of her and the lady that was using by cart came along with me. When we got to the checkout she said, "You have been so kind to let me use your buggie, that I am buying your two items!" I told her it was not necessary, but she insisted so I ended up with my twenty- two dollar items being free. 

I thanked her and we both thanked the lady who had let me in. We had to walk out together because she had the receipt. When I put my stuff in my trunk, the woman went happily on her way with the cart!

I realized it was one of those pay-it-forward type of things!

No comments:

Post a Comment