Sunday, April 20, 2025

The Hawiian Shirt

 About ten years ago, when the Young at Heart group at Spirit of Christ Catholic Community had a Hawiian party, I purchased a Hawiian shirt for the get together. A few years ago, I did some downsizing and got rid of a lot of clothing. This year, we are having another Hawiian party and I was sorry I had gotten rid of my shirt. Or did I? I looked for the shirt but could not find it, so I determined I had given it away.

On the Internet I found colorful shirts with flamingoes, palm trees, fish, flowers and anything that looked Hawaiin. The shirts I liked were too pricey. My next move was to go to Wal-Mart but the only shirts that looked Hawaiian were men's shirts. I purchased one but when I got home it was too large.  I returned the shirt.

Why did I get rid of my shirt? Why didn't I hang on to it? These thoughts went through my mind. Yet, lurking in the back of my mind I sort of remembered folding the shirt and placing it in a box! I looked in a box in my closet and there was no Hawaiin shirt. St. Anthony was called upon to find my shirt just in case I had actually packed it somewhere. In another closet, in another box I took the lid off and there it was, my Hawiian shirt! Also, in the box was a purple Rockies' t-shirt, an orange and blue Bronco shirt, a Mexican shirt and a green St. Patrick's shirt. My faulty memory didn't even remember packing those shirts away! Now I have four shirts to wear if we ever celebrate baseball, football, St. Pat's Day or Cinco de Mayo! What I thought I had lost has now been found!


No comments:

Post a Comment