Wednesday, June 18, 2025

A Perfect Sunday

I am always amazed at how I may have certain plans and God intervenes with a better plan! My thought was to drive to the Shrine of Mother Cabrini and attend the eleven o'clock mass. I left my home around ten, giving me plenty of time for a leisurely drive and visit with Mother Cabrini before mass.

When I thought I was on the correct highway to the shrine, imagine my surprise when I was surrounded by gigantic, lush, green mountains and instantly I knew I was on a wrong road. As many times as I have been on that highway which heads to the gambling casinos, I had never noticed the spectacular huge mountains. My heart expanded as I saw the beautiful mountains all around me. Curve after curve gave me an excited feeling at the beauty surrounding me. Why had I never noticed them before? I remembered when I was a little girl and my father would take us to the mountains through the Big Thompson Canyon. I had that same sensation of how big the mountains seemed to be.  As an adult I drove through the canyon and they were not as huge as I remembered.  Only God could have given me such a beautiful Sunday morning and I still had time to turn around and get on Highway 6 that would take me to the Shrine. 

Due to construction I had to take a detour and a roundabout way to the Shrine. I did not make the eleven o'clock mass but I enjoyed visiting the Cabrini Chapel, seeing the many visitors lighting candles and finding a parking spot across from the church for the 2 o'clock mass in Spanish. The day was hot but I sat in the air-conditioned souvenir room at a table and watched the many people and their children as they visited the shrine. I asked a worker for a sheet of paper so I could jot down my amazing morning as I waited over an hour for the mass to begin.

The renovated chapel is a peaceful place. When the priest entered, I did know him. When I worked at the Archdiocese I knew many priests, but this one I did not know. Tall, handsome, a thick head of pepper and salt colored hair, a large moustache and when he spoke, I could tell he had a sense of humor. I also realized that not using my Spanish, I was beginning to lose it. Many words he said, I did not understand. I knew enough to follow the mass but wished I had a Spanish dictionary to understand certain words. He thumbed through the red missal looking for what he needed to proceed with the mass. Back and forth he flipped through the pages, checked the table of contents and flipped more pages. I wondered if he would ever find what he needed! He did apologize for not being prepared. And then, at the part where he mentions the Pope he said, "Francisco" and immediately changed it to Leo. I wondered why he wasn't quite ready to celebrate mass!

Even with those oops moments, I thanked God for a wonderful Sunday that He planned for me!



1 comment:

  1. I was a scam victim, I lost a lot of money up to $170,000 I would like to express my gratitude to Innovations recovery Analyst for their exceptional assistance in recovering my funds from a forex broker. Their expertise and professionalism in navigating the complex process were truly commendable. Through their guidance and relentless efforts, I was able to successfully recover my funds of $170,000, providing me with much-needed relief. I highly recommend them on - INNOVATIONSANALYST@ GMAIL. COM or WhatsApp + 1 424 285 0682 to anyone facing similar challenges, as their dedication and commitment to helping clients are truly impressive. Grateful for their invaluable support in resolving this matter.












    I wondered if he would ever find what he needed! He did apologize for not being prepared. And then, at the part where he mentions the Pope he said, "Francisco" and immediately changed it to Leo. I wondered why he wasn't quite ready to celebrate mass!

    ReplyDelete