The Natural Daylight Dual 1 x 8 x magnification lighted vanity mirror has shocked me. No, not an electrical shock, but a big surprise shock. The ad tells me that I will see my face in a whole new light but it does not warn me that I will not like what I see on my face.
The first thing I saw as I looked into this true-to-life color and glare free mirror was a whisker about a forth of an inch long. One long hair sticking out of my chin. I plucked it out with tweezers. Then, my upper lip is covered with itzy-bitzy hairs. Okay, so it is time to put some hair removal goo to be rid of my "mustache" even though I thought I could go another two weeks before using the hair remover. On my cheek I also see scattered whiskers. How could that be? I turned the mirror around and the whiskers disappeared. If I look in a regular mirror, there are no hairs but when I look at the magnified side, there are quite a few. Now, I am very curious to see what else I have missed as I look in my regular mirror.
A few hairs coming out of my nose but when I looked deep into the two caves I could see grey and black bushes growing inside. How could I possibly breath with all that growth? On my face, more wrinkles than I remember having. Giant pores on my chin and nose. Beauty marks I thought I had on the side of my face turned out to be old age spots or as I have heard them referred to --liver spots. The wart I have over my right eye and have had for years, sported a light-colored hair growing out of it. I never saw it and still cannot see it without looking into my magic mirror!
Plato once said: "The spiritual eyesight improves as the physical eyesight declines." I know my eyesight has declined so now all I have to do is wait for my spiritual eyesight to improve! I can't help thinking that if I were to let the hair on my face, nose, upper lip and chin grow without doing anything to remove it, I would soon have more hair on my face than on my head!
Now, that I am thoroughly depressed I suppose I should thank the makers in China for such a mirror. As I go through life, do other people notice all these flaws? Or are they as blind as I am without the magnifying mirror? The next time I go out in public my face will be hairless and I will try to cover the spots with makeup. Maybe no one will be able to tell the difference, but I sure will!
| Bearer of Bad News |
No comments:
Post a Comment