Monday, May 27, 2013

Can You Believe It's Been 75 years?

A welcome goodie bag
 On May 20, seventy-five years ago I entered this world.  My father said I had two large eyes and so skinny my arms were no bigger than his finger. He wondered if I would make it! Well, I did make it and soon I will celebrate my birthday.  From the 17th to the 20th of May I was in California with my daughter and her family. We enjoyed staying at the Marriott Newport Coast Villas and from our balcony we could see the sail boats on the ocean.

One of my gifts while in California was a memory book that my daughter prepared.  She somehow managed to get a hold of a high school friend, friends in Mexico and Denver, and family to write a few words about how they knew me.  I laughed and I cried as I read all the nice wishes and silly memories.

The thing about turning 75 is that the reality is that there aren't that many more years left to celebrate life. I have already lived more than half of my life and even if I reach 95, that is only 20 more years. I give thanks to God that I am healthy and only feel around 40! I always remember my father saying:  "My body may be old but my emotions are the same as when I was in my twenties." Of course, some mornings I feel as if sludge is running through my veins instead of blood, I seem to suffer from insomnia more often, and my bones, especially my knees, tend to ache and creak and I move at a slower pace. But, other than that, I seem to be doing all right.

Since "a picture is worth more than a thousand words" here are some of my photos of time spent in California.







  


We wish you a Happy Birthday




After returning home to Arvada, I had a birthday lunch with a friend at the Ameristar Casino in Blackhawk, and on the 25th my son took me to Los Arcos for a delicious Mexican dinner. While at Los Arcos, a table of clowns had just finished eating.  On their way out I was able to take a photo of Cuz, one of the clowns, and was surprised when I was brought a strawberry sundae with a candle. Maybe turning 75 isn't so bad after all.
                                                          


No comments:

Post a Comment